e-on software has announced the availability of Vue 9.5 xStream and Infinite, its professional solutions for the creation, animation and rendering of natural 3D environments.
Release 9.5 of Vue adds a number of important new features including:
* Interactive Texture Placement: a new texture manipulation gizmo allows texture maps to be rotated and scaled interactively, directly on the mesh. Users can now place and rotate textures to any position, angle and scale and preview the result in real-time.
* Fast Hybrid Depth of Field: Vue 9.5 features a new hybrid 2.5D algorithm to allow depth of field (DOF) to be rendered 4 times faster than traditional DOF methods.
* Advanced Cloud Control: editing, animating and cloud rendering performance greatly improved. Cloud restriction zones allow users to include and edit out specific cloud regions. The new cloud offset animation capability produces breathtaking renders of clouds sweeping over terrains and other scene objects.
* Multiple UV Layers: support for models containing separate UV layers (e.g. diffuse, bump, specular, noise, dirt, etc) is now included for better compatibility with other 3D applications.
* Atmospheric Relighting: the Vue relighting functionality was extended to allow adjustment of all ambient and indirect lighting.